Telephone handset connector (for recording to devices with a four pole audio input) (157i)
The Retell 157i connector is a small device which allows a device with a 4 pole microphone input to be connected to a telephone handset. Once connected the Retell 157i will let you record calls to your device. Also features a play switch to allow the playing of audio to a caller. To record from an analogue telephone line (such a cordless phone) you will also require the Retell 142 adaptor
- Simple connection via handset & 4 pole microphone input
- Compatible with most handsets or headsets that plug in with the common RJ11
- Records calls (with suitable software) onto any device with a four pole microphone input
- Playbacks calls (with suitable software) from an audio recorder.
- Especially designed to isolate the earth of the phone system from the earth of the computer. Meets the safety requirements of EN60950 of the R&TTE directive. Contains an electronic barrier to protect the user from any dangerous voltages on the telephone network.
- Convenient cable lengths. The cable that plugs into the handset socket on the phone is 20cm long, making it suitable for all telephones, wherever the socket is. The recording device can be up to 2m away from the box
- Will not record faxes or Internet calls
How To Use
To fit the Retell 157i connector between the telephone and recording device is very easy. Simply unplug the telephone's handset cable from its socket, plug the Retell 157i connector in, and plug the telephone handset cable into the connector. At the other end of the Retell 157i is a 3.5mm four pole jack plug to connect to the microphone input socket on your device