Telephone handset recording connector (for recording to a computer or professional audio recorders) (157)
The Retell 157 connector is a small device which allows a computer soundcard or professional recording equipment to be connected to a telephone handset. Once connected the Retell 157 will let you record calls to your device. Also features a play switch to allow the playing of audio to a caller. To record from an analogue telephone line (such a cordless phone) you will require the Retell 142W adaptor
- Simple connection via handset & sound card port
- Compatible with most handsets or headsets that plug in with the common RJ11
- Records calls (with suitable software) onto any computer through the sound card. Can also be used with audio recorders.
- Playbacks calls (with suitable software) from any computer through the soundcard. Can also play back calls from an audio recorder.
- Especially designed to isolate the earth of the phone system from the earth of the computer. Meets the safety requirements of EN60950 of the R&TTE directive. Contains an electronic barrier to protect the user from any dangerous voltages on the telephone network.
- Convenient cable lengths. The cable that plugs into the handset socket on the phone is 20cm long, making it suitable for all telephones, wherever the socket is. The computer can be up to 2m away from the box
- Will not record faxes or Internet calls
- Also available with call recording software (select from options above)
How To Use
To fit the Retell 157 connector between the telephone and recording device is very easy. Simply unplug the telephone's handset cable from its socket, plug the Retell 157 connector in, and plug the telephone handset cable into the connector. At the other end of the Retell 157 is a 3.5mm jack plug to connect to the microphone input socket on either your computer soundcard or professional audio recorder.
For further help please refer to the video below